My specialties include the psychiatric and behavioral sciences and translating scientific information for the general public.
MEDICAL & NONFICTION WRITING:
- Clinical handbooks
- Trade books
- Self-help books
- Book chapters
- Peer-reviewed journal articles
- Website content (including blogs)
MEDICAL & NONFICTION EDITING:
- Content editing:
- As a content editor, I help with the development and revision of the book or paper to ensure that the material is well-organized, the ideas are clear and complete, and the arguments are strong. I also help with style and readability. My knowledge and experience can help you turn your ideas into a well-articulated, structured piece of writing.
- Line editing
- When line editing a manuscript, I focus on the construction of sentences and paragraphs, making suggestions for how to reword sections as needed in order to improve the flow, clarity, and efficiency of the writing.
- Copy editing
- Copy editing is what many people think of as proofreading. I will go through your writing with a fine-tooth comb to correct any errors in spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Copy editing can also include the formatting of references. This should be the final stage of editing before publication.
- English-language editing
- English-language editing typically involves a combination of copy and line editing. I have worked with several international clients who speak English as a second language.
Every book, paper, and blog requires a unique ratio of content, line, and copy editing. I can work with you to help you determine what type of editing is best for your project.
My freelance business is currently on hold. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.